Sunday, January 12, 2014

Meet the Fat Cat!

The first post of any blog I feel like is usually an introduction. So that's what I'm going to start with! I'm not going to advertise this blog that much. Just to a few friends who might want to see the posts to help me stay on track or anyone curious if I end up making progress or not. So most people that stumble upon this are probably going to be strangers. Strangers that don't know anything about me.

First off. Hi, I'm Lauren and I'm currently 22 years old. I'm currently working as an assistant teacher and hope that someday I will be able to be a Kindergarten teacher when I eventually get around to finishing school. I really love cats. I enjoy karaoke. I really like playing videogames (League of Legends takes up tons of my time). Oh, and I probably should get this out there now. I have a *slight* okay.. maybe a little more than slight.. obsession over Katy Perry. I don't like calling it an obsession. But I mean. There isn't really another word for it. Inspiration. Role Model. But it's an obsession and I'm sure you'll find out more later :P

This blog will hopefully be mostly about myself and my journey through attempting to lose weight but there will probably be some random posts of interests every now and then to talk about things I like, my life, or whatvever else I happen to feel like typing about! I've never been good at keeping blogs updated before but I'm hoping this time I will be able to stay with it, even just for a little while. I decided to start this after I found out a friend had starting blogging on her blog again. I thought "I should blog again.." and I had recently started using tumblr again but I didn't want to use that for my blog. And so I have this. (by the way check out her blog here : Slice of the Blog Pie).

------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always had a struggle with my weight. Well. for a really long time at least. I'm really picky so there isn't much I can do food-wise either. Anything I've ever tried I quit really fast. My motivation goes away and I just stop whatever it was I'm doing and then a few months, or a year later I get a burst of motivation to lose weight. I know I have to. It's just hard to keep that motivation there!

The problem with weighing a lot for me, is I'm so short. I'm seriously like 5'2 or something. So being short and overweight looks even WORSE then if I was  you know.. normal height. My weight is embarrassing and I feel like 80% of my problems in live would leave if I just wasn't so fat! I don't really gain weight that often so I'm confident that if I lost all the weight I want to I wouldn't gain it back but losing it is going to be really hard.

I hate saying numbers. What my weight actually is. I think there are like two people MAYBE who know how much I weigh and now I'm going to tell the internet? :( But I feel like if I don't say it, it'll be hard to keep progress on here. I weigh about 250 lbs right now. Not exactly that- I'm a little bit lower. But still pretty close to there. I would ideally like to be around 150 so my goal is probably to lose 100 lbs. But my first goal is to get back under 200. So goal #1 is to be 199 lbs. Because even that would make me so happy.

I'm going to need a lot of help and support to do this and I really hope I can stay with it.

Here's me in 2011 when I met Katy Perry
Here's me on a cruise in March 2013
...Not much has changed


No comments:

Post a Comment